Meridian Trust Federal Credit Union is proud to be able to provide financial assistance to members in need who are experiencing difficulty in paying their home heating bills. To help, we have established our HEAT program, which stands for: Heat Energy Assistance Trust.
The HEAT program is funded through fees generated through our Winter "Skip-A-Pay" program. We utilize a large portion of the proceeds from that program and return the money to our members through the HEAT program.
Qualifying Meridian Trust members can apply for HEAT funds through March 31, 2017. The criteria can be seen below.
1. Applicant must be a member of Meridian Trust Federal Credit Union in good standing and a member for a minimum of 60 days. Applicant can live in any state in the U.S.
2. Limit of one application per member, per household.
3. HEAT program funds grants are limited. All requests will be reviewed and funded to the extent that the program allows and that funds are available.
4. Applications will be accepted through Friday, March 31, 2017. Grants will be issued while funding is available. Funding for the HEAT Program can be changed or terminated at Meridian Trust’s discretion.
5. Grants are based on household size, household income, membership eligibility, purpose of request and by funds available within the program.
6. All HEAT Program financial awards are made to service providers, not to the member directly.
If you qualify, please fill out an online application or visit one of our branch locations and ask to fill out a form there. Attach copies of your heating bill(s) or invoices to substantiate request of funds.
If you have any questions about this program, you can call us at 1.800.726.5644 or send us an email.
In addition to requesting HEAT funds through Meridian Trust Federal Credit Union, Wyoming residents can also apply through LIEAP (Low Income Energy Assistance Program), a state and federally funded program helping people pay home heating bills.