Meridian Trust Federal Credit Union is committed to making available financial products and services that will enable you to meet your financial needs and reach your financial goals. Protecting personal information and using it in a manner consistent with your expectations is a high priority for everyone associated with our Credit Union.
- We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you to anyone, except as permitted by law.
- We will collect only personal information that is necessary to conduct our business, to offer a broader array of products to members, or as required by law.
We collect a variety of information to assist in offering services to members. Sources of the information we collect include:
- Application for services. For example, we request members' names, addresses, and Social Security numbers for correspondence and tax reporting.
- Transaction processing. For example, our systems record the deposits and withdrawals to your accounts.
- Consumer reporting agencies. In making loan decisions, we use information from credit bureaus. When opening checking and savings accounts, we use information from reporting agencies that track account abuse and fraud.
- E-mails and electronic communications. We collect e-mail addresses from members who request periodic statements or other information in electronic form, and from users of our website (www.meridiantrustfcu.org) who choose to provide their addresses.
We will protect your personal information. We will maintain strong security controls to ensure that member information in our files and computers is protected. Where appropriate, we will use security coding techniques to protect against unauthorized access to personal records, ensure accuracy and integrity of communications and transactions, and protect member confidentiality.
The Credit Union's website uses passwords, data encryption, and digital certificates to enhance confidentiality and reduce the potential for fraud.
We will only share information when absolutely necessary. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safe-guard your nonpublic personal information.
We will partner only with businesses that follow strict confidentiality requirements and who work for us in providing you products and services. Such companies include check printers, insurance companies, data processors, mortgage services, business services, credit cards, and online bill payment service providers. The businesses we select will offer products designed to enhance our members' economic well-being.
Under no circumstances will we authorize these firms to charge your account without your express consent. We will not sell member information to telemarketing firms. If you decide to terminate your membership or become an inactive member, we will adhere to the privacy policies and practices described in this notice.
As a member of our Credit Union, you will have the opportunity to review your information and make necessary changes to ensure that our records are complete and accurate. Use the following precautions to help protect your personal information:
- Protect your account numbers, card numbers, personal identification numbers (PINs), and passwords. In particular, never keep your PIN with your debit card or credit card, as that makes you vulnerable in the event you lose your card or your card is stolen.
- Use caution in revealing account numbers and/or Social Security numbers to other persons. In particular, if a caller tells you he/she is calling you on behalf of the Credit Union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Legitimate Credit Union staff would already have access to that information.
- It's important that the Credit Union has current information about how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent use of your account, we will attempt to contact you immediately. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know.
We also offer our members the opportunity to opt-out of the Credit Union's promotional advertisements. If you wish to do this, please call 1.800.726.5644.
Click for a printable Privacy Notice.