2020 Meridian Trust College Scholarship
Guidelines and Selection Criteria
Meridian Trust Federal Credit Union is now accepting Scholarship applications for the 2020-21 school year.
This year we’ll award six Scholarships! This will be the highest number of Scholarship winners we’ve had in our history, giving students even more chances to win than ever before. We’ll be awarding two separate Scholarships of $1,000 each; and four additional Scholarships of $500 each.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Applicant must personally be a member of Meridian Trust FCU
- Applicant must attend a university or college in the fall of 2020
- Important Note: You do not have to be a first-year student to apply
Who is Not Eligible to Apply?
- Meridian Trust FCU employees and their family members
- Meridian Trust Board members and their families
- Meridian Trust Supervisory Committee members and their families
How do I Apply?
Create a short video answering one of the following two questions below (your choice):
- Who was your favorite teacher and why?
- How will the Coronavirus epidemic change education?
Entry deadline is Tuesday, June 30th, 2020 at midnight.
- Your video should be about 3 to 6 minutes in length.
- Post your video to YouTube. Do not tag it or put Meridian Trust Federal Credit Union or Scholarship in the name.
- Fill out the online form on our website.
Winners will be notified by Thursday, July 16th.
Two separate $1,000 Scholarships and four separate $500 Scholarships ($4,000 in total) will be awarded to qualified individual applicants. The scholarships can be used towards tuition and/or expenses at your university or college. Each scholarship will be awarded as a check made payable to the applicable institution with instructions to the financial aid office to obligate half of the scholarship for the fall 2020 and half for the spring 2021 semesters. No transfer, postponement, or substitution of award is permitted by recipient. Acceptance of a scholarship constitutes permission to use recipients' names, likeness, and entries for promotional and advertising purposes without further compensation.
Judges will score the entries based on the following criteria: quality of response to question (60%); creativity, originality and overall entertainment value (30%); and video quality (10%). We want scholarship applicants to have some fun with this! Decisions of judges are final.