The Meridian Trust North Star Foundation is here to provide financial assistance to members who are truly in need and who are experiencing difficulty in paying their home heating bills. To help, we have established our HEAT program, which stands for: Heat Energy Assistance Trust.
Qualifying Meridian Trust members can apply for HEAT funds through Wednesday, March 31, 2021 or until funds are depleted, whichever occurs first.
- Applicant must be a member of Meridian Trust Federal Credit Union in good standing and a member for a minimum of 180 days. Applicant can live in any state in the U.S.
- Limit of one application per member, per household.
- HEAT program fund grants are limited. All requests will be reviewed and funded to the extent that the program allows and that funds are available.
- Applications will be accepted through Wednesday, March 31, 2021. Grants will be issued while funding is available. Funding for the HEAT program can be changed or terminated at Meridian Trust North Star Foundation’s discretion.
- All HEAT program financial grants are made to service providers, not to the member directly.
If you qualify, please fill out an online application or visit one of our branch locations and ask to fill out a form there. Attach copies of your heating bill(s) or invoices to substantiate request of funds.
In addition to requesting HEAT funds through Meridian Trust North Star Foundation, Wyoming residents can also apply through LIEAP. (Low Income Energy Assistance Program), a state and federally funded program helping people pay home heating bills.