Meridian Trust Federal Credit Union is proud to be able to provide financial assistance to members in need who are experiencing difficulty in paying their home heating bills. To help, we have established our HEAT program, which stands for: Heat Energy Assistance Trust.
Qualifying Meridian Trust members may apply annually for a one-time HEAT program benefit now through March 31, 2019 or until funds are depleted. The criteria can be seen below.
- Applicant must be a member of Meridian Trust Federal Credit Union in good standing and a member for a minimum of 120 days. Applicant can live in any state in the U.S.
- Limit of one application per member, per household.
- HEAT program funds grants are limited. All requests will be reviewed and funded to the extent that the program allows and that funds are available.
- Applications will be accepted through Sunday, March 31, 2019. Grants will be issued while funding is available. Funding for the HEAT Program can be changed or terminated at Meridian Trust’s discretion.
- Grants are based on household size, gross household income before taxes, membership eligibility, purpose of request and by funds available within the program. We will pay up to the total balance due on your bill.
- All HEAT Program financial awards are made to service providers, not to the member directly.
If you qualify, please fill out an online application or visit one of our branch locations and ask to fill out a form there. Attach copies of your heating bill(s) or invoices to substantiate request of funds.
In addition to requesting HEAT funds through Meridian Trust Federal Credit Union, Wyoming residents can also apply through LIEAP (Low Income Energy Assistance Program), a state and federally funded program helping people pay home heating bills.